At Boulders Edge Cabin and Tipi Retreat Hocking Hills
11470 Dalton Road, Rockbridge
4.8 290 reviews
- Crystal Hazel ★★★★★ 2 weeks agoThis was our first weekend trip together and first time to Hocking Hills.
When checking in, Frank was very friendly and made sure we knew everything we needed to about the cabin and the places to visit in the area. The cabin was very clean … More and felt like home. It even included a personalized message to welcome us.
We enjoyed reading Frank and Renee's story about how they met and eventually purchased the property along with other guests experiences while visiting.
It was a perfect place for a fun and relaxing weekend. We stayed at the Skyview cabin. The weather was nice and the hot tub was perfect after a day of hiking.
I would definitely recommend this as a great place to stay to all my friends and family. We can't wait to plan our next visit!
- Marisa H ★★★★★ a month agoI can’t say enough about this amazing place! The owners, Frank and Renee, were so friendly and knowledgeable and so welcoming as soon as we got there, even offering us Jell-O shots upon arrival! The cabin was clean and cozy, and we were … More pleasantly surprised with how personable they made it for us! We eloped here and they made everything SO special! It was incredibly beautiful and better than anything I could’ve imagined. They honestly made us feel like family. My husband and I cannot wait to go back very soon!
- Halle Styndl ★★★☆☆ a month agoIf you go in the winter, make sure you have four-wheel-drive. It says on the website that you don’t need it but you do if it’s snowing. We spent our first hour stuck in the driveway, which was fine since it’s an unusual amount of … More snow for this time of year, and the owners helped us out with sand. We ended up parking by the road and when we checked out we had to carry our things down and icy driveway to the car. My husband slipped and fell, and some of our things broke, but thankfully he’s ok.
The cabin itself was really nice and cozy, we really enjoyed the personal touches. You can tell some of the furniture was handmade and it’s really beautiful. There was a bag of popcorn and coffee which was really nice. The fire place was great. On our first night there we accidentally hit a button on the hot tub that made it cool down. It was so cold outside and took so long to heat back up that we couldn’t use the hot tub the second night we were there, which is disappointing for how much the cabin cost. I wish there were instructions or something for people who don’t own a hot tub, there was no way to know that we had accidentally set it to cool down.
Overall it was a nice weekend get away, I would like to visit a place like it again, in less snowy weather.
- Megan Vekasy ★★★★★ 2 weeks agoI can't say enough wonderful things about our first trip to hocking hills and staying here at the Dot Calm cabin. Frank and Renee run an amazing home feel cabin resort.
It's quite, the cabin was incredibly clean and stocked with … More all the tools needed to cook a meal!
They even have a few games provided in the cabin that was a nice touch!!
These cabins are close to hocking hill trails (one of which being directly next to their property) and to grocery stores and restaurants.
We can't wait to book another trip!!!!
- steven krisfalusy ★★★★★ in the last weekWe stayed two nights at the Dot Calm Cabin and it was fantastic. First off you are greeted by some of the nicest people who make you feel so welcome. The cabin itself was exceptionally clean and sanitized. It was just secluded enough … More to feel like we had left the world behind but close enough to the trails and activities that it was convenient. I would definitely recommend anyone looking for a couples getaway, stay at Dot Calm in At Boulders Edge